ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING US ?
Rehearsals take place every Wednesday from 7:30-10:00pm at Conseil des arts de Montréal.
Conseil des arts de Montréal
1210 Sherbrooke East
Montréal (Québec) H2L 1L9
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership fees should be paid before the end of the first month of each session.
100$ per session – regular
50$ per session – student
New members: The first session is half price.
ETHICS CODE FOR OSI MUSICIANS
In order to have even more fun rehearsing and to improve the sound of the orchestra, the musicians of the OSI agree to the following:
- Attend all rehearsals, regular and intensive, except in cases of force majeure,
- Prepare for rehearsals according to the agenda,
- Focus personal practice and musical performance as requested by the conductor and following the advice of the head of section,
- Notify as soon as possible of an absence by sending an email or SMS to the head of section and the conductor,
- Check the messages that can be sent regarding rehearsals and in particular the schedule,
- Arrive early so that rehearsals can start on time,
- Come to rehearsals with the parts in the agenda; if a part is missing, notify the head of section before the rehearsal,
- Remain silent during tuning,
- Pay attention when the conductor addresses the musicians and take notes regarding musical interpretation requests,
- Respect the time for breaks,
- In case you are late, take your seat when the orchestra is not playing so that the other musicians can stay focused.
Dress rehearsals and concerts:
- Attend dress rehearsals, soundchecks and concerts,
- Dress code: women in black (long skirt or pants); men in black suits and white shirts,
- Promote concerts.
Each musician must bring his/her own stand, music, pencil, bottle of water and hand sanitizer.
Two breaks will be provided for complete ventilation of the rooms.
Arrival of the wind section is set between 7:00 pm and 7:15 pm, departure at 9:45 pm.
Arrival of the string section is set between 7:15 and 7:30 pm, departure at 10:00 pm.
For the wind section:
An absorbent mat to collect condensation water is required.
Keep instrument cleaning to a minimum in the CAM.
Disinfect your hands (with Purell) after storing your instrument.
Disinfect your hands when entering the building (wearing a mask).
Give your attendance.
Go to the assigned hall and directly to your seat.
Instrument boxes must remain close to you (within your 2m perimeter) – for large boxes, they should be placed along a wall, with a distance between each box.
During breaks, put your mask back on and keep the prescribed distance.
At the end of rehearsal, notify the person responsible of your departure.